Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I Have Dreamed a Dream

   

I am writing this blog because I want to be able to share my experiences with my dreams more freely with others. I am the absolute worst at journaling and writing down my experiences. Perhaps that is why I have good memory, or perhaps my good memory is keeping me from writing things down. Anyway, I want to share my experiences publicly.

In the mormon religion, most are familiar with 1 Nephi 8, Lehi's dream. "Behold I have dreamed a dream; or, in other words, I have seen a vision." Lehi's dream is absolutely amazing. It is highly symbolic but full of prophesy and warnings. If you haven't taken the opportunity to read Lehi's dream, I encourage you to do so now. One day during May of 2013, I thought of Lehi and his amazing vision. I too wanted to have visions like Lehi and I simply prayed to have them.

Soon after praying to receive these dreams, I had an incredible dream. I had a dream that I was being taken into a room by an individual. Once in the room I saw a young girl sitting in a chair. Her skin glowed a bright light especially around her cheeks. The Savior came in and stood behind her. I only saw his feet/legs but I knew it to be the Savior. He was wearing blue pants and a blue robe. He proceeded to place his fingers over her eyes. I then awoke and heard the words "remember what she looks like". I have since come across this girl.

I didn't say a word about this dream for more than a week. I thought it was amazing but didn't take it as anything out of the ordinary. Surely people dream of the Savior and his feet all the time. However, I shared it with a friend and he suggested that the Savior was ordaining the girl as a seer.

I have since experienced many dreams. At first they came randomly. Now they come more consistently. I now have been able to ask questions at night and receive answers through my dreams. I know dreams are important and there are messages to be found within them. Through this blog I will continue to go through and record some of my most important dreams and experiences that I've had because of them. I will also give suggestions on how to obtain this gift for yourselves. I am grateful for the Lord and the gift he has given me. I am even more grateful that he is allowing me to share this gift with others. "12 And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit."

No comments:

Post a Comment